Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bereavement

Years ago when I was in the Mills & Boon and other pulp romantic fiction phase of reading, I picked up these words which are a constant source of strength and assurance for me whenever I think of the loved ones I have lost along life's journey.........

People don't die
Don't really die
If loved ones
Left behind
Think of them
Once in a while........

These lines give meaning to the phrase "passed on"; in that it makes me believe they are away somewhere among the stars that shine bright in the heavens and galaxies above.

So Ammachi, Appan, Avaya, Daadima, Umesh Bojappa, Achamma, Naanima, Papa, Chachaji, Achachan, Ammu, Baba............for the days that I may not think of you (though they are few) this tribute is to ensure that you continue to be among brightest shining stars

Love you and miss you

2 comments:

KitchenKarma said...

hey what a beautiful way to start off. may your blog journey be beautiful :)

SATCHIDANANDAN said...

Moved.I too have a poem on Banu and many on the genocide. I cannot forget the day I first read it in public. Some Muslim young men hugged me and wept and said, you understand...That was in Trivandrum at the Asan Memorial. I went to the camps in Ahmedabad and Baroda, and know what it was like...Thanks for the reminder, for the jottings, the poem, everything..Satchidanandan