Monday, August 18, 2008

An Anonymous Poem

This little piece is again courtesy Aarzoo's school and Padma Aunty, the administrator. I loved it and had to share it. The lines are few but say a lot more than tomes on pedagogy in a library. I am not going to spoil it with my commentary save to say that it works.........

I tried to teach my child with books
He gave me only puzzled looks.
I tried to teach my child with words
They passed him by often unheard.
Despairingly, I turned aside,
"How shall I teach this child?" I cried
Into my hand, he put the key,
"Come," he said, "play with me".

5 comments:

S said...

so very very true! May I suggest a wonderful book you should get hold of called the Incredible years?

Muthu said...

Thank you S. I will try and get hold of a copy. Could you give me the name of the author and publisher too if possible......

~mE said...

i have nothing to say but just :)
lovely words

Muthu said...

Thanks me......it truly left me speechless too......

S said...

Muthu dear. Carolyn Webster-Stratton is the author of the book. She made me get over my reservations about people who have hyphenated surnames.What a very sensible lady!