Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mixed up family

This entry is a few months behind schedule and is dedicated to Shalini Froiland who gently kicked my butt to ensure that I woke up from the lazy stupor I had gotten into....

"Mummy, I know Runa Aunty's full name", was how the conversation began.

"Oh really! What is it?", I responded

Aarzoo : I know all the full names. I'll tell?

Me : Tell

A : Runa Banerjee, Samrat Banerjee and Aditya Banerjee.

(Sam is Parag's colleague and over time he, his wife Runa and son Aditya, have grown into family)

A: Everybody is Banerjee, like Shitiz Banerjee

(Shitiz & Aarzoo were best friends when we were neighbours. He lived across the corridor in Flat No. 1308 and we lived in 1306. Runa lives in the same complex but in Flat No. 1306 of another building. We too moved into another building and live in Flat 404)

A : Everybody in 1306 & 1308 are Banerjee. Only 404 is only Sen.....

M : No Aarzoo, Sen & Devaya

A : Yes, I know. This is a mixed up family. Even the languages are mixed up; Bengali, Malayali, Hindi.......

My daughter's take on the linguistic & cultural diversity of our family had me laughing till my sides ached.

5 comments:

Shal said...

LOL!!!Sweet, spunky Aarzoo!

Ok, still waiting for your tag, sweetie. You won't get off so easy!

Muthu said...

One question from this highly tech challenged soul - what does being tagged mean? You planted a micro chip in me and I did not even know it?

What do I have to do to get you off my back?

Paresh Palicha said...

heehee. Welcome back :)

Muthu said...

Thanks Paresh.....

Suci said...

hey dont know how i missed this one before....lovely...:)