Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions Again

Old habits die hard and there are certain lessons one never learns. Or perhaps one does not wish to. After all they are somehow connected to the matters of the heart. Anyways, I am back a year later in my reindeer print PJs and ready to pen down my resolutions for the New Year. Last year's resolution did not go down the drain....still a work in progress I assure myself.

2009 is on its last legs and 2010 is waiting in the wings. As I sit and write, I can hear the revelry outside. The DJ at the Woodrose Club has really pumped up the volume and I can hear the popular Hindi film ditties that are traversing the air waves. Earlier in the evening I was told that by the time he is through, the dance floor would break. That was his famed notoriety!!

The house is quiet and almost like an empty shell. Every member of my large family is away in some other city except for the daughters. My babies are asleep and so is my Aunt (dear Kusum Bojawa) who is visiting along with Boogie her little old Dog. I tried to get drunk and fixed myself a stiff one but hey it was a failed attempt. So here I wait for the clock to strike the midnight hour. Will then light the lamp, say a little prayer and head for my babies under the covers. The toddler's snore and warm breath is very calming. When she grows up I must tell Tamanna that it was she who breathed the lullabies to me. And Aarzoo's long limbs come out of nowhere and land on me. She has healing hands that one....its been a blessed decade with the arrival of the girls.

So it is about time I took a good hard look at the life that I have lived so far. And in doing so have decided that "Shut up and Listen" is going to be my New Year resolution. So here's to a new me......

HAPPY NEW YEAR WORLD.............

4 comments:

Paresh Palicha said...

Best of luck :) Happy 2010

Kusum Achia said...

I enjoyed reading it and really liked the way you put things together like how these babies when they sleep with mother how they squeeze their legs and hands in between your thighs and how they land their limbs with a thud on your bum!!

But I think could you have used a better word when you said you "wanted to get drunk" or is it my motherly instinct trying to find fault with the word? I don't know. It's for you to decide.....

On the whole I liked the real New Year resolution. Hope you keep it up; atleast upto next New Year!!

Suchi said...

hey this is a lovely post...:)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist but to comment on your New Year resolution..
Shut up and listen..for this New Year.
This year being Tiger year according to China calander.
Its unethical.
During previous ten years of New china calander of..Cat,Mouse,Frog,Chicken..hmm did you count ten of such animals na.
I have been Oathed as Demanded by my wife.to take the same resolution as your's..
shut up nd listen
As a humble Hubby..I took it for ten long years.
But on Last 1st of December..
Hey that's my birthday..
My only son Presented me two books..
written by the author Chethan Bagath.
Five point someone..
2 States..
hmm he is in 9th standard..but.
I being his only father..I envy his standards..
oh were was I..
sorry for grammers..
since am not using Microsoft word..but Excel.
In Excel grammers do chang..
oh god its late nd am feeling sleepy..
ok let me get drunk with coFFEE.nd
find crux of this comment..
I will never become..
4th Iddiot..
to say..
shut up nd listen
but say..
you shut up nd listen..
kiranpsu@yahoo.com