Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Handprint


November 14, 2008 - Children's Day - Aarzoo's handiwork at school. The words stapled to this piece of art had me all choked up.

My Handprint

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But everyday I am growing big
And soon I will be very tall
Then my hand prints
Will be hard to recall
So here is a special handprint
Just so that you can say
This is how my fingers looked
When I placed them here today

My baby turned six last month. Soon she will be ten and inch into her teens and there will be major battles for independence. And turf wars that will leave me battle worn, tired and weary. But for now I retreat into my maternal corner and let the "Kaveri" flow

3 comments:

anugem said...

Oh my god you finally wrote!!!

Anonymous said...

omigod!We have exactly the same thing at home. Handprint and the same poen in a card. framed for posterity now. I know. it never fails to choke me up. Arvinds was from when he was two though..:-(

Muthu said...

Yes Anu....finally.

Shal....it's only now that I seem to be getting time to pause and take a breath and enjoy my babies and take a good look at the work that Aarzoo puts in......