Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mommy Rupan

Some smses that I receive are really cute. Here is one such that I cannot help sharing with you all. I was sitting through a really boring meeting; post lunch session trying hard to keep awake as I have yet to master the art of sleeping with my eyes open and pretend to be really interested and make intelligent noises. Currently I have only managed to ensure that I do not snore. Yes one of the fallouts from feminine graces post pregnancy. Damn the diaphragm and the fat!!! So here I was almost falling off my chair when this sms from Rupan came through. Rupan - soul sister, friend, critic, sounding box, huge support system, and loads more - all rolled into one. She sends me the cutest and also the naughtiest messages that have me falling off my chair and rolling with laughter. Thank goodness this was the cute one else I would have had all eyes on me and would have had to leave the room aka the mishief maker in class

"Well wishers are like
the walls of a home
Sometimes they hold you
Sometimes you lean on them
And sometimes
Its just enough to know
They are around you!"

Well that just about sums up Rupan's presence in my life. Nine years ago today, she was handed yet another leading role - Mommy to Rakshita. Now this is not to take away from the very special day of the birthday girl but a time to reflect, atleast for me, and to pay tribute to her best friend - her mommy.

P.S: Happy Birthday Rakshita. I love you and you are always in my thoughts. You are special because you are you. You light up our lives in ways both big and small and in the radiance of your smile, it is easy to turn away the dark clouds of despair and bring in the sunshine of hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful little piece loved the forward on wellwishers - priya

Muthu said...

Thank you Priya. Please do keep writing in...