Thursday, June 9, 2011

But a Mother


"You just hound people down using your towering size and matching sound box," said my friend Mathew to me when I told him that I had yelled at the kids and come down hard on them. Cannot remember what it was but the old boy was rather scathing in the clipping that he gave me online. This little poem was my response to that!!



Oh ye of little faith
Ne’er a word can I say
That’d make thee believe
For I am but a mother
With responsibility unlike ether
Cannot but bestow care and thunder
Lest they run asunder
My fledglings
Need grow stronger
And be proud and confident
As they soar the skies yonder



Note:
1. Matt with Tam - photo courtesy Aarzoo Kaveri Sen
2. Eagle - wallpaper images courtesy Google images

8 comments:

black n white said...

wow. I believe that a mother's job is difficult- she has balance between being the whipper and the comforter. Fathers have it easy. Ofourse, that was a biased opinion :P :P

And ur doing a great job as a mother!The girls know you only mean good. LOVE the poem!

Muthu said...

You are such an encouragement Ash; always have been. I keep looking out for what you have to say when it comes to them because they confide so much in you. And yes feeling good that you liked what I wrote.....love and a huge hug

Kusum Achia said...

yes,muthu, that is mothers dilemma,every mother wants to be soft
all the time, but...!
liked the way you put it nicely in very few words!

Muthu said...

Awwa - I never thought I would be like my mother and father and other elders including you in the way I would bring up my children. It is tough breaking the mould. But am trying hard. Especially when you say things like, "Learn from our mistakes"! Love you Awwa!!!! Thanks for being there and all the encouragement that you give when I am feeling low......

MingBlogging said...

well said, muthu!

Muthu said...

Thanks Parag.

Dimple said...

Well Muttu dear,u have beautifully summarised the role of a mother in such few lines...LOVE

Muthu said...

Thanks a ton Dimps.....look forward to more comments and feedback from you. Means a lot to me....have not written in along time. Hope to put something in before the year is out. Big hug to you!!