Monday, July 28, 2008

Hugs for Rakshita

This is for my favourite niece Rakshita……..my lovely princess and champion all rounder. Tuesday is the day of the week we had set aside for us to have our long telephone conversations but somehow I have not been able to stick to the schedule. Let me clarify, I think of calling her every Tuesday, but it is always either too early in that she may still be in school or too late, she is in bed!!!

Rakshita is a lot like me; shows affection quite easily and showers me with loads of hugs and kisses. Quite a few times she told me, “Muthamma Maasi, you are the best”. The memory of this perks me up whenever I am feeling low and never fails to bring a smile on. She came visiting this summer and we had a great time, the ten days that she was here. Rakshita and I would hug each other often and Aarzoo would join, followed by little Tamanna and we would get Rupan (Rakshita’s mom and my soul sister) to join. We christened this group hug our circle of love.

Aarzoo and Tamanna’s paediatrician, Dr. Nagesh has this poem on the notice board at his residential clinic. I have always wanted to write it down but could never do so as I would be busy with either one of the girls or both. But the other day little Aditya fell ill and I went with my friend Runa (Adi’s mom) to the clinic and while they were consulting with the Doctor, I jotted this poem down.

So Rakshita here you are; today is a Tuesday and you must be in school in far away Chandigarh. And I am sitting here at my desk in Bangalore and hoping that someday when you get net savvy (which will be sooner than I think) you will read this……


Hugs


There’s something in a simple hug

That always warms the heart

It welcomes us back home

And makes it easier to part.

A hug’s a way to share the

Joy and sad times we go through

Or just a way for friends to say

They like you ‘cause

You are you

Hugs are for anyone,

For whom we really care

From your grandma to your neighbour

Or a cuddly teddy bear.

A hug is an amazing thing –

It’s just the perfect way

To show the love we are feeling

But can’t find

The words to say……

I don’t know who wrote this piece but the copyright belongs to Kingsley, USA.

2 comments:

KitchenKarma said...

hey u have a grt kack for collecting superb peoms...:) keep it up...

Muthu said...

Thanks Suchi......after that kind of encouragement, will definitely try harder......