Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby P - A Tribute

The time has come
The womb has begun to spew vitriol
And messes with the mind
So the end is near
That's right Humans
The end is near
There is no way out

Words so harsh
They sear the soul
Mince the gut
Wince is all one can do

Where has the love gone
That of maternal origins
Which was meant to nurture
But now all askew

The boy named It
Was the first story, I guess
To be documented
Violence inflicted on the innocent

Videos circulate in cyber space
About Baby P
Wounded, battered and bruised
The concept of right and wrong
Not even an idea within
The life that had just begun it journey
But a life's journey cut short

The hands that were meant
To nurture, turned murderous
Assaulted,
Caused unbearable pain and suffering
A mother's compliant silence
A father's brutality
And a baby who turned one
Passes on

And we go all teary eyed and say
He is far safer and happier
Where he is now

Rest in peace
Baby P
Rest in Peace!!

-------------------------------------------------

For more details on this story, please check the following link

http://media.causes.com/564357?p_id=12614341

7 comments:

soundnfury said...

muthamma - it's aradhana - been a long time - do e-mail me: naradhana@yahoo.com

also, what was the legal aid outfit that you worked with - with sheela?

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's
to be just what I'm looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for you?
I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on a few of
the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome weblog!


Also visit my page - http://gcbxblogs.com (mytravelon.net)

devi said...

great muthumma.... u r too good

devi said...

it was indeed so nice to read ur baby... i am so proud to know a wonderful person like u...

Muthu said...

Aradhanaaaaaaa.....this response is almost three years late!! Don't know what happened and why!! How are you doing?? To answer your query - I worked at Human Rights Law Network with Sheela.

Muthu said...

Anonymous - thank you. But unlike Wordpress, Blogger does not allow access to anyone other than the administrator and that is the reason why I choose this. You could mail me your content and I could publish it with due credit. Again, thanks for stopping by

Muthu said...

Devi - I cannot thank you enough for the kind words you have written for me. Really touched and honoured. Hugs......hope you will keep coming back and check out the other pieces I have written and comment on them as well. Nothing keeps me going quite like feedback.....